All of our registered physiotherapists have been trained through the Canadian and internationally recognized post-graduate education program in manual and manipulative therapy (CAMPT¹).
Only a few physiotherapists hold this achievement. This education enables us to use our hands in a skilled way during our assessment and treatment of your body. It also ensures that your symptoms or complaints will be looked at with strong clinical reasoning to search for the cause of the problem and not just the resulting pain. Your treatment will be specific to your needs and stage of healing and may include some mobilization or manipulation of joints or soft tissue. This particular treatment tool is just one of many that may be chosen for your plan of care.
We can help you, if you have been experiencing:
- Pain from a sport injury
- Injuries from a motor vehicle accident
- Acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain – neck, back, leg or arm pain
- Joint stiffness
- Numbness and tingling
- Pregnancy-related lumbo-pelvic pain
- Joint instability or clicking
Your initial assessment is one hour and follow-up appointments are 30 minutes. Your appointment is a private session with a registered physiotherapist. We do not use assistants or aides in our treatments. Your physiotherapist will:
- Perform a thorough assessment to identify the cause of your complaint and address them with the most recent advancements in physiotherapy.
- Provide a treatment program for your care.
- Coach you through an exercise program to optimize your recovery.
- Provide advice on rehabilitation equipment, assistive devices or supportive bracing.
- Educate you on how to maintain your recovery between sessions and prevent future re-occurrance.
Home visits are available to eligible patients living in the Cornell Area. Please call us for more information.
¹Canadian Academy of Manual and Manipulative Physiotherapists. For more information, see the link www.manipulativetherapy.org.